Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

So, today was one of those rare, beautiful, warm sunny days that make me love fall. *

I took my buddy Oliver and his friend Bob (that's his stroller, fyi) for a long walk around the neighborhood this evening, stopping along the way to pick up leaves and pine cones, look at birds and talk to the dozens of other kids who were out enjoying the gorgeous weather. We also stopped frequently so that Oliver could demonstrate walking backwards up the hills (he would turn to me and say "Up? Walking backwards" as he did it) and pretend to go to sleep (he would lie on the ground and say, "night night"). So cute!

Hanging out with Oliver for a couple of hours here and there is one of my greatest joys each week, and I continue to be amazed by his rapid development. In just the past two months, he has started to repeat everything people say, string words together and recognize colors, numbers and letters. And he is by far the best almost-20-month-old Beyonce dancer I know!

*This photo was taken on my iPhone!

No comments: