Saturday, May 12, 2007

It's Official!

Last Friday I went to the Court House and changed my name.*

On Saturday I went to the DMV and got my new license.**

Today I went to the Social Security office and updated my name with them, too.

On tap for tomorrow ... faxing all of the above to the bank and sending in my application for a new passport.

Who knew marriage would be so much work?!

*It was a pretty momentous occasion for me--I swore to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God and everything--but in the end the most memorable part of the day was the woman in front of me with six aliases. After the judge explained to her that her criminal record would be attached to the new name ("You do realize this would just be a 7th alias, right?"), she decided against the name change. Oops.

**Notice that my license expires on 2/29/2009. Does that mean I get a birthday 2 years in a row?!

1 comment:

SJB said...

I totally agree with what you're saying here, SKBK. In fact, I think this post is the epitome of sublime.