Thursday, May 10, 2007

"Happy Birthday to My Best Friend ...

I'm kidding, you're like my 3rd best friend, but they don't sell cards that say that."

That was just one of the many treasures among the Bald Guy greeting cards Graham and I found tonight as we were strolling around the U Village (possibly the yuppiest mall ever in the history of life) looking for Mothers' Day cards and cereal storage containers.

Another priceless one:
"I'm sorry about your break-up ... but to be honest, I always thought he was an asshole, and we all secretly made fun of you for dating him."

Oh! While we're talking about things that I have recently found amusing, have you heard of Knock Knock? Kudos to Emily & Brian for turning us on to the "All Out Of" grocery list. It makes so much more sense, and it's totally revolutionized our grocery shopping!

Speaking of revolutionary grocery shopping, when we moved into our new house (3 blocks from a fabulous Safeway) a few months ago, I bought us a granny cart (at Storables, which is located in the U Village) so we could do all our shopping on foot without having to carry tons of heavy bags. Graham was mortified, right up until I told him that Liz & Christian once used a similar cart to MOVE. Like from one apartment to another. In Brooklyn. I dubbed it a "Liz & Christian cart," and now he's, well, slightly less mortified. He only walks 5 feet behind me now.

7 comments:

dl004d said...

Calling it a "Liz & Christian Cart" will work for a generation or two. But once they've got grandchildren, it can once again be dubbed a Granny Cart.

Grand Marnier said...

Okay, that is pretty funny.

DL004D and I fought about getting a granny cart when we used to live in AdMo. It wasn't until we moved to Shaw that we finally got one. It is so great. Graham should embrace his inner urban self.

dl004d said...

AdMo? Thank god we moved away from there before I got wind of what you were calling it.

SKBK said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but has anyone actually looked at any of my links? Knock Knock is really cool. And Bald Guy Greetings ... well, see for yourself!

Anonymous said...

That's another thing you'll learn as blog publisher: no one goes to any of the links you recommend. Oh, and they hijack the comment area to turn it into a thread that has nothing to do about what your original post was about. That reminds me, what's the deal with the peanuts on Air Force One?

SJB said...

I thought they were 'patriotic' M&Ms... mmm, M&Ms...

Anonymous said...

Hey SKBK,

I agree with you. Bald Guy Greetings are very funny cards. In fact, we just added 10 new cards to the site. Check them out. Um, I mean, they just added 10 new cards to their site.