Friday, August 1, 2008

246,000 # of gasoline

So, we're a little delayed in taking off because they got a late start fueling the aircraft, and apparently it takes kind of a long time to add that much gasoline to an airplane this size ...

Oh, and it turns out the flight is 13 hours and 24 minutes, btw. Oh how I wish at least one of us had an aisle seat ...

Since I still have access to the Interweb, I'd like to add a quick birthday shout-out to my step-brother Corey, who turned 30 years old today.

Oh, and one more interesting tidbit, and then I'll finally say goodbye to my iPhone for the next 24 days (sniff sniff!): I finally found a Kiswahili phrase guide (at ATL of all places) this evening and learned how to say "bila nyama," which means "vegetarian." After "hello," "thank you," and "where is the bathroom?" that's pretty much the most important thing to me in any language!

Okay, signing off from the USA ... for real this time. :)

No comments: